Friday, May 31, 2013

Red

When you think of red, many think of love, confidence, power, happiness, excitement, vibrancy, strength, as well as anger.  While this color stirs up many emotions, it is one that calls attention to itself and has always been beloved.  Think Christmas, Valentines Day, 4th of July, etc.  It combines beautifully with many other colors and has such a range of hues.  Lets pay tribute to the top of the rainbow...

Princess Pumps Red Ruby Slipper Sequin Pump HeelsValentine's Day bright red ceramic mosaic heart collection red glazed tiles collage mixed media gifts
princesspumps.etsy.com, elementtiles.etsy.com, rainnua.etsy.com

I love the instant recognition of the ruby slipper.  I think of family movie nights and my husband talking about the days when he was little and afraid of the flying monkeys.   The hearts are just fun and creative.  The color is so cheerful.  The elephant took me by surprise and that's why I like it so much.  Totally unexpected. 

Poppy Red Ceramic Pendant Necklace with Hand Carved Floral Design and Silver ChainFabric Bead embroidered art beads red bronze copper silk velvet textilevintage bracelet with red glass inlay
Halflighthoneystudio.etsy.com, NellsEmbroidery.etsy.com, tickytackyhandmade.etsy.com

I love carved work, so I also picked this floral paisley necklace.  It is intricate and original.  These textile beads are so textural.  The color is earthy and they look like they have a history.  The bracelet looks vintage to me and has a much less earthy, and creative element--it says strength to me with its sharp geometric lines. 

Here are some of my own red creations:


One of my top favorite Birdie Clasps of all times.

Loved the lotus charms.

The bamboo was so rich.

How does red make you feel? What are your favorite red pieces? 
Happy Creating!
--Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment