Thursday, May 9, 2013

France - Destination Inspiration Jewelry

http://europeantrips.org
Perhaps no building in the world is more recognizable than the Eifel Tower.  As the main icon of France it stands about 1,050 feet tall and was built to be the entrance to the 1889 World Fair.  I recently tried to make mini Eifel Towers with some of my art students, so that is why I am picking France for today's Destination Inspiration Jewelry theme.  Besides the amazing Eifel Tower, when you think of France, you think of romance, couture, historical royal opulence, highly embellished furniture, art, and people with big noses (just kidding--although there is Gerard Depardieu...). What an amazing history.  While my father lived in France for two years, I've never been there.  So, I'll have to go there with my jewelry.

French jewelry inspiration: fleur de lis, black and white, much embellishment. glitz, clocks, french writing

France Inspired Etsy Finds: 

Large Pink Orange Eiffle Tower Paris France Ceramic Pendant  Bead Hand painted French Vintage Countryside Ceramic Pendant on a silver tone chain Fleur de Lis Earrings - French Earrings - French Jewelry - Fleur de Lis Jewelry - Bow Earrings
BluMudd.etsy.com, Luxina.etsy.com, SilverTrumpetJewelry.etsy.com

My French Inspired Fashions and Components:

Fleur De Lis Pottery Charm Bracelet with Antique Bronze
Shookaloot.etsy.com


shookaloot.etsy.com



Ooh La La La Black and White - Large Bird Focal Toggle Clasp
PajegoArtHouse.etsy.com


Fleur De Lis Heart Pendant - Ceramic Focal Pendant
PajegoArtHouse.etsy.com

France is such a fun theme.  I think I'll have to do some carving and come up with some new French themed art beads.  I'd love to see some of your France-inspired jewelry.  Please send pics!
Happy Creating!
--Kathy



No comments:

Post a Comment