Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sweet Bird Necklaces - New Collection

For some reason I have a fascination with the aesthetics of birds used in art and jewelry.  I've used birds as the basis for many of my clasps and I've decided to use the same bird design as pendants for simple everyday necklaces.  So, here's a start to my new collection of classic bird necklaces.

Each of these necklaces features a ceramic bird made from white earthenware ceramic clay.  I then fired the bird, glazed it, and applied a permanent design to the top.  I love the addition of these designs--I think they make the necklaces so much more unique.  Finally, I added coordinating beads on each side of the bird and hung them from 17" silver plated chain.  While I love elaborate jewelry designs, I wanted these pieces to be the perfect quiet accent to a casual outfit.  I am listing these in my finished jewelry shop, www.shookaloot.etsy.com.  Check them out:




What are some of your favorite classic/simple designs?
Happy Creating!
--Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment