Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Week of Art Bead Bracelets - Day 1

I've been really interested in making art bead bracelets in the last few days, so I thought I'd devote a week to them--one new bracelet every day.  It will be a fun way to use some of my jewelry supplies and have some stuff to list on my finished jewelry etsy site, www.shookaloot.etsy.com.  I'm going to try different patterns, colors, and general designs.  I'd love to see what bracelets you come up with.  So here it goes,

DAY 1



 I really like how this bracelet turned out.  The colors are inspired by nature and I would call the overall design Bohemian.  The focal art bead has been kicking around my studio for a while.  It was made out of earthenware ceramic clay which was stamped and glazed with one of my favorite rust-colored glazes.  I made a matching bead to pull the eye along in the bracelet design.  I also adore these colors of green.  All three colors look great with antique bronze chain and findings, one of my favorite colors to work with.  I particularly like how the chain changes part way over from one larger layer of chain to two smaller layers.  I also love the way this moves on your wrist.  So much fun.  I'd love to see your "Day 1 Bracelets."  Send them in along with comments.  I'd love to hear what you think of this piece.  Happy Creating!
--Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment