Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Week of Art Bead Bracelets - Day 5

A Week of Art Bead Bracelets - Day 5

Okay, I'm going a little goth on you today.  A while ago I made these fantastic red and gray/silver beads.  I stamped them so they would look interesting and I glazed them with three glazes.  The bright red is in the middle, a semi gloss gray is on one side and a mirror-like silver gray is on the other side of each bead.  Because of the stamped design, the glazes ran together showing off the geometric shapes.  I really love how they turned out.  These beads are a little more free form than some of my others, so they vary a bit in size and shape.  A talented jewelry designer friend of mine suggested that I use black chain with them and I loved the idea.  I just didn't know how it would all come together.  I decided to add a hint of antique silver and this beaded bracelet is what I came up with.  It has a wonderfully Gothic feel.  The bracelet construction is composed of two strands of beads.  I then bound them together with jump rings that are free to move a little.  This binding gives the bracelet a feeling of bulk without the movement of two loose strands.  I used 1 to 2 connectors at either end and connected them to a clasp that snaps shut.  I think this kind of clasp is a little easier to use when putting a bracelet on yourself.  I hope you like bracelet #5. 



This picture really shows the detail in the beads as well as the structure of the bracelet.
What piece are you working on today?  Any innovative ideas or beads?  I'd love to see pics or hear your input on my designs.  Happy Creating!
--Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment