Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Week of Art Bead Bracelets - Day 3

A Week of Art Bead Bracelets - Day 3



Going in for a whole new look, this bracelet has more of a "running on the beach" feel.  The art bead on this is, of course, ceramic and has dragonflies stamped into it.  I've used a glaze on the focal piece that is really cool.  It is mostly tan, but has hints of periwinkle.  I've paired up the dragonfly focal with one side of turquoise stones and one side of smaller handmade ceramic beads.  Some of these are two toned, and some are stamped.  The smaller beads with the straight lines on them are glazed with the tan/periwinkle glaze in the center, and a blue glaze on the edges.  The back of these beads is cross-hatched too, so when the beads turn around it'll give different looks.  I've put these beads on copper because I thought the copper would pop more than bronze.  Looking at it makes me miss the beach...
Happy Creating!
--Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment