Sunday, May 17, 2015

Art Bead Scene May Monthly Challenge 2015 - May ABS



So, as you may know, there is this blog that I love--the only blog I really follow, and they have a monthly inspiration challenge for jewelry artists who like to make and use art beads.  This month the inspiration piece is by Augistan Lesage, and it is untitled.  What struck me about this piece was the variety of vibrant colors, the symmetry, the curves, and the consistent use of line and dots.  It seems almost like a fusion of European and African art to me.  I found it quite inspiring.


I decided that my beads would have curved elements, be brightly colored and include lines and dots.  Here are some pictures of my beads:










These beads were made from earthenware ceramic clay, hand formed, and glazed using multiple colors.

I love how they turned out, although they say a little more "circus" than I had intended.  Still, I like the vibrant colors and they varied designs.  I hope you like them too.  I can't wait to see what beads others make based on this inspiration.

Happy Creating!
-Kathy












3 comments:

  1. I was crushing on your beads the moment I saw them! I love the dots and the football shape. I also love that we are one of your favorite blogs! ;-) Thank you for being inspired and sharing that with us on Art Bead Scene. We hope you will come back for next month! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beads are bright and cheery like the inspiration piece. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. I love seeing what everyone does with the inspiration pieces.

    ReplyDelete