Friday, August 23, 2013

Tent Rock, New Mexico - Destination Inspiration

We recently went hiking at Tent Rock in New Mexico.  This is such a neat location.  Although on a much smaller scale, this National Monument features slot canyons reminiscent of Bryce canyon--but with white rock.  I thought that the rock formations were so interesting and inspiring.  Here are some pictures.





Okay, so how can this inspire our jewelry design?  I found the earthy colors and simple geometric designs really inspiring.  I also love the Native American influence of the area.  Based on these ideas I tried out a whole new series of glazes that remind me of rock.  Check out these connectors.







I think they really reflect the inspiration location.  I love how the glaze is unpredictable and matte.  These would give a really earthy look to a jewelry piece.  I would love your thoughts and pictures of what you've been making. 

Happy Creating!
--Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment